Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Update

Father's Day dinner was great yesterday! I ordered the surf and turf like I had planned and it was well worth it. But instead of bringing half of it home as I had planned, I managed to clean my plate. My wife even commented that she hadn't seen me do that in a while.

The good thing is that it wasn't a problem. I recognized that I was approaching the point where if I ate much more I would have been more than full. Even so, I decided to finish the meal. While it may not have been the "on plan" thing to do, several things factored into my decision.

First, I hadn't had lunch because we were having dinner early in the afternoon. I also knew that I wouldn't be eating another meal before I went to bed. Coupled with the fact that I knew that this wasn't a binge situation and that I would be eating right beginning with my very next meal, I felt that I wouldn't be doing any permanent damage to my progress if I left the table feeling full. And even at that, it wasn't as though I was "Thanksgiving" full. Not even "I need a Mylanta" full. Just comfortably full.

And that was fine with me.

No comments: