Saturday, June 16, 2007

Introduction

Now that you've made it past the welcome message, I suppose a paragraph or two about me might be in order.

I'm a 47 year old guy who lives in South Jersey with my wonderful wife and two great teenagers. I work in the aviation industry just outside of Philadelphia, and hope to retire before my wife and kids manage to bankrupt me.

I've been fat my entire adult life, culminating in my all-time high weight of 325 pounds in May of 1999. That's more than a little overweight for a 5'9" tall guy! As a result I developed high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. It shouldn't have come as a surprise after all the years of eating like I did, combined with a very sedentary lifestyle.

When I finally started Weight Watchers in April of 2006, I was tipping the scales at 292 pounds. Thanks to lots of encouragement from my fantastic meeting leaders Pam and Glenn and lots of hard work by yours truly, I now weigh in at under 165 pounds!

Things are a lot better now, and I intend to keep it that way. My diabetes and high blood pressure are much better, I feel great, and look forward to so many more things. Over time I'll share more of my story with you and keep you up to date on how well I'm doing at maintaining my loss, so I hope you stop back every now and then to see how I'm doing. And don't forget to drop me a note in the comment section - I'd love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Getting Real said...

very inspirational, thanks for sharing

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

awesome!!! Keep it up, you are such an inspiration!! You look great and congrats!!