Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weigh In: Week 60

Last Week: 163.2 lbs.
This Week: 162.4 lbs.
Change: Down 0.8 lbs.

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 129.6 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 24.0 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007

Apparently I'm still trying to figure out maintenance since I had another loss this week. It's nothing to get alarmed about yet, but I don't really want to lose any more weight.

Changing from losing mode to maintenance mode is a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Sure, adding more points sounds easy. But when you've totally wrapped your psyche around losing weight, giving yourself permission to eat more than you're used too can be a formidable challenge.

In addition, after over a year of eating smaller portions and reduced calorie foods, your body complains about the sudden increase in food. And you still have that mental block about gaining weight even though it's perfectly normally for your weight to fluctuate up and down when you are in maintenance mode.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Like any new change, it will take some time. It's just another new skill to learn, after all. And I'd much rather be here than where I was before I started.

Stay tuned for next Tuesday's weigh in, because that's when I'll be reaching Lifetime!

No comments: