Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Weigh In: Week 61 - Lifetime!

Last Week: 162.4 lbs.
This Week: 162.4 lbs.
Change: No Change

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 129.6 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 24.0 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007
Reached Lifetime: 26 June 2007

Tonight was the big night. It was my sixth weigh in after hitting my goal weight, and as a result I am now a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers. I got a little charm (not the most manly token, but what the heck), a new membership book, and lots of cheers and clapping from the other meeting members and our leader Glenn.

In addition, as long as I don't exceed my goal weight by more than 2 pounds, I'll never have to pay for another meeting again. The catch is that I still have to weigh in at least once a month, but that's ok. After all, I don't want to gain it all back and the monthly weigh ins will help keep me on track.

The fact that I lost all this weight and made lifetime and don't have to pay for meetings anymore is great, but there are other parts of this achievement that are a lot more meaningful to me.

My health is so much better now. My diabetes is under control with absolutely no medication. My blood pressure medication has been cut in half. I fit into every seat I try to sit in, without breaking them. I can walk longer and further than ever. I'm wearing the smallest clothes that I've ever worn in my entire adult life.

I no longer have the feeling that I'd be damned lucky to live into my 60s. instead of wondering if I was going to live longer than my father, who died at the age of 58, I'm setting my sights on living as long as my grandfather, who made it to 94.

The easy part is over. Now I just need to keep this weight off for the next 47 years...

2 comments:

James said...

Congrats! Show off that manly charm!

-Hutch

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, Hutch!

BTW, that's some grill you got for Father's day! I know I'll be looking for a new one next season. I can't wait!