Sunday, July 15, 2007

Jersey Fresh

One of the perks of living where I live in South Jersey is that there are a lot of farms and farmer's markets not too far away. And this is the best time of year to pick up all kinds of fresh vegetables, especially since the produce available in the supermarkets is overpriced and of very poor quality.

Today while I was out and about, I pulled over to a roadside stand and picked up a small basket of Jersey tomatoes and a few pints of local blueberries. They're certainly going to make a great addition to tonight's dinner.

Say what you want about the Garden State, but sometimes it just can't be beat!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your references to NJ bring back a rush of memories from visiting family there...my sister lived in Trenton for years before retiring in Vegas...and I have a brother who lives in Browns Mills. We used to spend a lot of vacations there with them and Hubby loved going out fishing in the bay.