Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Labor Day Challenge Update

As part of a challenge I joined on the WeightWatchers.com message boards, I set the following goals to meet every week though Labor Day:

#1 - Walk 3 days a week minimum, at least 30 minutes.

#2 - Post to this blog at least 5 days a week

#3 - Follow Weight Watchers' 8 Good Health Guidelines every day

I didn't meet any of my goals this week.

Walking: 0/3

I've been having a hard time with my walking commitment this week. I could use the weekend away as an excuse, but that's all it is. It seems that I'm having a difficult time reaching escape velocity. This may be the same problem that I had trying to lose weight on my own. Even though I had been successful in the past losing weight on my own, I needed the accountability and structure of Weight Watchers to be successful this time.

Given my life-long avoidance of physical activity, I may need formal structure in this area as well. I had a 3 month membership at a local gym last summer and managed to get my money's worth, going several times a week during the length of my membership. I only stopped for financial reasons.

Now that I don't have to pay for Weight Watchers due to my lifetime status, it just may be time to head back to the gym. I'll be making the final decision shortly, but I think it's the only way I'll be able to follow through on my commitment to exercise.

Blogging: 4/5

I sat down to write a blog entry last night after things settled down from their normal craziness, and promptly found it impossible to keep my eyes open. So rather than trying to force something in order to hit my Labor Day Challenge target, I turned the computer off and went to bed. I'd rather write quality instead of quantity, so I don't feel too bad about this one.

Good Health Guidelines: 6/7

I only missed one of the guidelines this week, and that was the healthy oils on Saturday when we were on the road. I'm ok with this one also, since I've actually been doing very well meeting this requirement since I switched to Core over a month ago.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me this week. I'll let you know how I did next Tuesday!

No comments: