Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Labor Day Challenge Update

As part of a challenge I joined on the WeightWatchers.com message boards, I set the following goals to meet every week though Labor Day:

#1 - Walk 3 days a week minimum, at least 30 minutes.

#2 - Post to this blog at least 5 days a week

#3 - Follow Weight Watchers' 8 Good Health Guidelines every day

Walking 1/3

Blogging 3/5

Good Health Guidelines 7/7

As you can see, I slacked off again this week, although I did manage to get all the Good Health Guidelines in. For some reason I think this challenge is doing the exact opposite of motivating me. I think it's making the blogging and especially the walking feel too much like chores.

I don't need any extra excuses to not walk, and I really want to continue blogging on a regular basis, but because I want to, not because I have to. For that reason, I think that I'm going to not worry so much about this challenge, and just see how I do without any extra self-imposed pressure.

2 comments:

David Dane said...

Skinny guy, I blog because it encourages me, and I hope it will encourage someone else. You don't know who will find your blog and suddenly wake up to the idea he/she has to get off the pounds. More than that, you don't know who lost hope for that obesity and then will find your blog and regain hope to try again. You just don't know who you will help. Keep it up. I still have you on my side panel. 130 pounds is a lot of weight to get off. There are people out there like you who need encouragement.

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, David. I fully intend to keep blogging. The challenge just made me feel like I had to blog instead of wanting to.