Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Labor Day Challenge

Over at the WeightWatchers.com message boards I've joined a Labor Day Challenge. For folks still losing weight, the challenge generally involves losing a certain number of pounds that each participant chooses for themselves by the end of the challenge. Many folks set other types of goals, which comes in handy if you're on maintenance or a lifetime member.

Since I've decided to join the challenge, I've also decided to update my progress here on the blog, especially since one of my goals involves the blog.

Here are my three goals for the challenge:

* Walk at least 3 times a week, for at least 30 minutes each time

* Post to this blog at least 5 days a week

* Follow Weight Watchers' 8 Good Health Guidelines every day

My walking goal is there because it is something that I haven't been doing as much as I should, and I need to get up and out to make sure I don't start lapsing into bad habits again.

As far as posting to the blog, I don't think there's any immediate danger of not posting regularly, I think it's just more of a reminder. After all, I started this thing to help keep me on track, and if I started posting less over time I might start letting other things slip. (And I promise there won't be any "This is my post for today" type posts!)

The Weight Watchers' 8 Good Health Guidelines are just what the sound like, healthy habits that contribute to a healthy lifestyle and can also aid in weight loss efforts. A few of them have given me a little difficulty every know and then, but hopefully this challenge will help me stay focused on them as well.

Wish me luck, and play along if you'd like. Just post your own goals in the comments section and update them as we head towards Labor Day.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats on your great weight loss...you must be so proud. I've lost 70 and still have a way to go, but I've been at it for over 18 months now and am really working at lifestyle changes over huge weekly losses and that is making all the difference. I find writing my blog and daily visits to others has played a significant role in keeping me on track...I'll bet you'll have the same experience. Glad to get to know you.

harris said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://www.lyricsdigs.com