Friday, July 20, 2007

Weekend Assignment #175: TV or Bacon?

Time for more fun from John Scalzi's By The Way.

Weekend Assignment #175: TV or Bacon? By which I mean, you have to choose one of these two things. Whichever you choose, you get to continue to enjoy. The one you don't, you lose forever. So which will you choose? The pixellated, phosphorescent pleasures of television's hundreds of channels? Or the smoky, meaty pleasures of bacon? You must choose!

Why TV and bacon? Well, because they are two things most people seem to like, and they are (usually) entirely unrelated, which makes choosing between them more interesting.


This weekend assignment is pretty easy for me, actually. Bacon goes, television stays. And I can sum it up in exactly 3 letters: NFL.

From August to February, I'm a pro football junkie and watch every game that I can. Not to mention the pregame, the post game, the highlights, everything. Although I do draw the line at watching the draft. That's almost as bad as listening to that British idiot on that singing show.

So yes, I'll keep my TV, John, thank you very much.

Extra credit: Current favorite TV show and/or variety of bacon.


Picking a favorite current show is tough because I really don't watch too much TV. I don't get HBO, so those shows aren't even in the running. I was always missing Battlestar Galactica, so I never got to watch enough of it to keep up with the story.

I guess I'd have to pick Heroes, even though I missed the first few episodes. It feels like I'm watching a live comic book and for some reason it works for me. My guilty pleasure last year was watching The Biggest Loser, which is understandable given what I've been up to for the last year and a half.

And for extra, extra credit, my favorite TV show of all time is Babylon 5. And it could also be considered a current show since a new Direct-to-DVD B5 movie is being released at the end of July.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

I found you through By The Way. I choose TV also. But on a more important note, how did you lose your weight. I need to lose a large amount also. Could you email me and let me know?

Skinny Guy said...

Hi Krissy, thanks for stopping by.

I lost my weight with Weight Watchers. I was very strict with following the program and was very successful.

Good luck!