Saturday, August 25, 2007

Where Does The Time Go?

Nineteen years ago today I was holding this little bundle in my arms, fascinated and terrified now that, ready or not, I was a new father.

Tomorrow my wife and I, along with her younger brother and her grandmother, will deliver her to her dorm room, ready to tackle her sophomore year of college. She's studying to be a nurse. It's all she's ever talked about wanting to do.

Can you tell I'm a proud dad?

We went out to dinner tonight and had a decent meal at Olive Garden, then had birthday cake at home. Now she's out with her mother picking up some last minute stuff at Wally World before preparing to pack up the car tomorrow morning.

Before I know it, both her and her younger brother will move out and start having lives of the own...

Now where did I put that home theater catalog?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Ah...who would have thought you were the "sentimental" type! If you think this is something, wait until your grandkids start school...that happened to me last week and I was definitely in the "where does the time go?" mode!

Jake Silver said...

So is her college life like Van Wilder? haha. Just kidding.

Skinny Guy said...

Kathy, Me? Sentimental? Nah, I just want the TV remote back...

Jake, if it [i]is[/i] like Van Wilder, I certainly don't want to know about it!