Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hodgepodge

Biggest Loser

After watching the latest episode of Biggest Loser Tuesday night, there isn't much for me to say. It's more of the same old same old, but for some odd reason I still feel compelled to watch.

Extra large people sweating, whining, crying, throwing fits and sweating some more, edited together in overlapping chunks of footage designed to generate a sense of drama sandwiched in between an endless parade of advertising.

And I sat through the entire two hours. I guess the brain likes to get its share of junk food, too.

Sweeet!

The evening temperatures started to dip into autumn-like territory in South Jersey this week. Which can mean only one thing: Spiced Wafers and Hazelnut coffee.

You can substitute your favorite hot beverage for the hazelnut coffee, but that's my current poison until further notice...

Read A Book, For Free

Earlier this week I reacquainted myself with my local library, a building that I haven't entered in almost five years. I felt like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning! I forgot the treasures that lie inside, just waiting to be rediscovered. Do yourself a favor this month - step away from the computer, go to your local library and find a good book, the kind with real pages, and read it! You'll be doing yourself and your library a big favor.

Avast, Matey!

Talk Like A Pirate Day is almost over. Starting tomorrow, we're safe for another year.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I feel like a kid in a candy store when I visit the library. It is the best use of my tax dollars that I can imagine!

Skinny Guy said...

I actually wrote "kid in a candy store" at first, but then decided I didn't want to use a food reference. This losing weight thing must affect the brain, too!