Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Inertia

Back in July I talked about inertia and escape velocity as it related to getting up and actually doing some exercise. Well, I'm sorry to say that I pretty much crash landed not too long after that and haven't been doing much moving of any kind in since then.

I won't bore you with excuses, but they're there. Maybe some of them are legitimate, but I suspect most of them are not. The bottom line is that I shouldn't be ignoring a tool that will not only help me keep this weight off, but will help me live a much longer, healthier life. After all, that's why I started this journey in the first place.

So I'm working on a plan to fit some activity back into my daily grind. Things that I know I will do, the same way I changed my old eating habits into new, healthier ones that I could live with.

Time to get started...

3 comments:

Mystic Kitty said...

You can do it. After a few sessions under your belt you will have your momentum going. Baby steps though. You don't want to get sidelined right out the gate. That may be hard considering where you built up to in the past. You will get there again and in less time!

Kathy said...

I know what you're saying...I have a bum heel that throbs when I try to take walks or ride my exercise bicycle, so I spend days icing it down and it doesn't inspire me to try again too soon...but then there is the guilt. I used to watch a bunch of old geezers exercise from their chairs on tv and even that made me feel tired...ha! But I have definitely increased my general activity...more gardening, heavier household chores, etc.

Thanks for the Julia Child video...it started my day with a good laugh.

TB--Milwaukee said...

Those first steps are the toughest!