Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weigh In: Week 71

Last Week: 160.2 lbs.
This Week: 160.6 lbs.
Change: Up 0.4 lbs.

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 131.4 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 23.8 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007
Reached Lifetime: 26 June 2007

I had a good weigh in tonight. Even though it was a small gain, I'm still within the range I've set for myself. And considering that it was a stressful, busy week, I think I did just fine.

Believe it or not, the biggest challenge I faced was a couple days where I had a difficult time getting enough to eat because I was on the run on those days. Unlike before when I would just indiscriminately pick a drive though and grab a heart attack on a bun with a side of cholesterol sticks and a diet soda, I found myself driving past the drive throughs and waiting until I could find better selections.

The Biggest Loser

I watched the Biggest Loser: "Did They Keep The Weight Off?" special on NBC tonight. They basically spent a couple minutes with 9 previous contestants and weighed them in to see how they were doing weight-wise.

It was obvious that almost all of them put a few pounds back on, but that should be expected given the drastic means that their weight came off in the first place. They all did keep the vast majority of their weight off (I imagine they wouldn't have been on the special, otherwise).

Loser was a guilty pleasure of mine last year, given that I was in the middle of my own weight loss battle and I'll probably tune in again starting next week just to see if it keeps my interest.

4 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

I loved watching the Biggest Loser with a big bag of chips in one hand and a bigger can of soda in the other. I watched part of the show tonight. The one that stuck out the most was Pete. He had continued to lose over 60 more pounds since the end of the show and his success was outstanding. I'll be taping it next week and watching while I do the elliptical. My darn community choir rehearses on Tuesdays. I love my reality TV

Kathy said...

I'd have to DVR it and watch when Hubby wasn't home...he is REALLY not into the reality stuff. You should have heard the flack I took over watching Big Brother last summer!!!

Skinny Guy said...

The only other reality shows that I've watched before Biggest Loser were when friends of my kids were contestants. A kid in my daughter's HS was on American Idol and made it to the top 32, and a buddy on my son's actually won a kid's reality show called Endurance. Otherwise I really don't get into them.

Jake Silver said...

I love TBL!! But yeah I noticed that, too... all the contestents were HIGHER than their end-of-contest weights, even though... to be honest they all looked like they could stand to lose a bit more. I guess some people are just destined to be "bigger" over-all, but I'm not going to take their victories from them, they've all come a long long way and should be proud. It's cool as crap that Jillian will be back with a renegade "black team".