Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cranberry Jaunt

I was back out on the trails of South Jersey today, as our hiking group met up on the edge of one of the Garden State's many cranberry bogs for another outing. Unlike last weekend, the weather was crisp and cool, ensuring a comfortable time for everyone.

The sandy trails wove around and through the bogs and cedar swamps, with plenty of nature to enjoy along the way. At one point we saw two deer across the water on one of the other trails, but that was the extent of the wildlife sightings for the day.

I'm certainly enjoying these weekend hikes. The folks of the outdoor club are very friendly, and I'm amazed at all the new things that I've been discovering in the place that I've lived for almost three quarters of my life.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

How exciting for you...getting out there getting exercise and meeting new people. You are living that new "skinny" lifestyle.