Saturday, October 20, 2007

Living Offline

Every once in a while, the world offline grabs a hold of me and won't let go, and this week seems to be one of those times. I've been dealing with all kinds of time thieves, some more important than others, but it was clear that something had to give. Unfortunately for the folks who come here to bask in the wisdom of Skinny Guy, posting to the blog is generally one of the first things to go.

We all have priorities in the real world and they affect everything we do. For the last 18 months my health has been near the top of my list, and as a result I feel better than I ever have. I'm eating better, I'm moving more and I'm actually in a better place intellectually and emotionally.

Don't worry, though. This post isn't an announcement that I'm going away or anything like that. This blog has been a helpful tool in keeping me motivated through my maintenance and it's introduced me to many like-minded folks who are a pleasure to interact with through their blogs. It's more of a pause to look over my shoulder to appreciate how far I've come in spite of all the demands in the real world. I'm damn proud of myself and there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

And there's nothing wrong with any of you saying it either, no matter how far along you are in your journey. So make sure you say it today.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, you get a great big ATTABOY from me!!! and I have absolutely no problem loving the person who is ME...warts and all. Thanks for the reminder.

Lady Rose said...

Hazzah!!! Three cheers for YOU! :)

It is just as big an accomplishment to maintain as it is to lose and celebrating and acknowledges all your successes is definitely a good thing.

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, ladies!