Sunday, October 21, 2007

Party Like It's 1984

I took this weekend off from my usual routine, and for a very important reason. Yesterday marked 23 years of wedded bliss to my wonderful wife. I've learned over the years the importance of celebrating this day appropriately, and I'm happy to report that my better half has informed me that my efforts this year were highly successful and very much appreciated.

So what did I do to earn such high praise? I took my lovely wife and our two teenagers out to a wedding. Specifically, Tony and Tina's Wedding, an interactive dinner theater featuring the antics of two Italian-American families as they come together to celebrate the marriage of their two children.

The icing on the (wedding) cake was that the show was held on The Spirit of Philadelphia, a cruise ship that sails the Delaware River, giving fabulous views of the Philadelphia skyline and waterfront.

The actors did a fine job, especially when it came to involving the audience in the show. In fact, my son was picked on several times and even wound up in the family portrait! If you ever get a chance, it's a great show to see and I heartily recommend it.

Now to figure out what I'm going to do for our 24th anniversary...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That sounds like so much fun! And congrats on the wedding anniversary.

Hubby took me on a "Mystery Train Ride" dinner theater once and it was a hoot...we got to join in the fun of the "murder" as well as enjoy a great meal and a train ride through the country.

Skinny Guy said...

It was a lot of fun, we can't wait to do something similar again!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Wow! Congrats on the anniversary and creativity, did you plan that one all by yourself?

Skinny Guy said...

Yeah, I figured what could be more fun than going to a wedding on our anniversary?