Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Weigh In: Week 76

Last Week: 159.8 lbs.
This Week: 160.2 lbs.
Change: Up 0.4 lbs.

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 131.8 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 23.7 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007
Reached Lifetime: 26 June 2007

It's been a great week for me this week. In continuing with my One Thing commitment, I've been putting a lot of energy into restarting my regular walking routine, and I've been able to parlay that energy into action for 6 out of the last 7 days. Now the pressure is on to keep it going!

This week is the fourth week in a row I've had a gain on the scales, but add them together and they still don't equal the loss I had 5 weeks ago. All in all, I've been very content with my maintenance journey. I'm looking forward to continuing my walking routines, especially since I've added hiking to the mix. In fact, I'm contemplating another outing in the woods this weekend.

Have a great week, everybody!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Hiking does sound more fun than just walking. A trail with a little climbing involved would increase the intensity and you could enjoy the autumn view. Beware the killer squirrels...!

skinnybitch said...

Good for you for finding an enjoyable way to get exercise!
I think that's the key. I just can't maintain something that I hate, like getting on a treadmill. However, I *love* getting outside and walking to and from work each day. I think I'd love hiking, too, but I rarely get away from the city to do it.

Israel said...

159! wow, thats really light. I have been that light since elementary school man.

Mrs. Furious said...

I love your "one thing" post. That is exactly how I took off my post-partum weight (and then some)... one new habit/goal/change at a time. I think taking on everything at once is too overwhelming and sets you up for failure and sabotaging. I made one change and then when that was well established (or no longer enough) I made another.
Congratulations on your weight loss!

Anonymous said...

I suspect that your small weight gain may in fact be from increased muscle mass. You might want to invest in a Tanita scale that measures your weight AND your body fat. Your weight may be going up a tad but I'll bet your body fat is coming down. And THAT is something great! Also, I'm with SkinnyBitch - - walking outdoors is wonderful. Good luck! JD

Skinny Guy said...

Hello, Mrs. Furious, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked the One Thing post. Sometimes it is as simple as making that one change.

I stopped by to check out your family's blogs and I have to congratulate you not only on how well you've done, but how lucky you are to have such beautiful little girls!

JD, thanks also to you for stopping by. We do have a Tanita scale here at the house. Currently my body fat percentage is approximately 14-15%, but I doubt my latest gains are muscle mass. I haven't really done anything to merit an increase in muscle, but have definitely increased my daily calorie intake since hitting my low weight 6 weeks ago.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!