Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm Not Out Of The Woods Yet...

The weekend's festivities aren't quite over. Yesterday was a day of recovery from the wedding. It was certainly an off day as far as following the Core guidelines went, and I definitely didn't come close to having any well balanced meals. We were out most of the day, visiting several home centers trying to get some research done for some home projects coming up, then a trip to the supermarket and some other errands. Quite the busy day!

Today, however, is the day I pick up the party pack that I won last month. I was able to avoid keeping the food in the house by offering it to one of my son's buddies who has invited my boy over to his house for some football parties before. His dad was nice enough to invite us to stay for a while, so I do plan on sampling the wares, but fortunately I won't have to deal with any leftovers.

The worst part about the whole thing is that the way the Eagles have been playing lately, I'm not sure if the game will be worth watching...

3 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

I had faith in the Eagles and picked them to win this week. Out of 32 people in our pool, I was the only one, so hopefully they'll help me win a week.

Nice work on passing on the party pack. It's a great feeling to give to others as well, glad you could share in it too.

David Dane said...

That was nice of you to pass out the food. Hey, one day of going overboard isn't going to kill you. It's the fact that we go overboard with the eating everyday that gets us into trouble. If you stick too the plan you will keep that weight off. I am thinking about stopping here at 180-pounds. Many people think I would look to thin at 170 or 160 pounds. I am not sure anymore.

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, guys. I managed to eat a little more from the party tray than planned, but it's all out of my system now. It's a good thing, too, since we had a bunch of the stuff come home with us. As far as I know, it's still wrapped up in the fridge. So far it hasn't called out my name...