Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Weigh In: Week 80

Last Week: 159.8 lbs.
This Week: 159.6 lbs.
Change: Down 0.2 lbs.

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 132.4 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 23.6 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007
Reached Lifetime: 26 June 2007

Now that Halloween is over, the rest of the holiday season looms ahead, waiting to pounce upon those that are unprepared for its challenges. Challenge #1 of the season for me is coming up in a few days; my daughter's godparents are marrying off their oldest daughter on Friday evening and it's going to be a party to remember.

Judging from other special occasions I've had to face, I should be able to manage this one as well. One of the things that has helped me get through these situations is to just try and make the better choice. Not necessarily the best choice, but the better choice. I have found that if I make the better choice often enough, I usually enjoy better results over the long haul.

So when the holidays are in full swing and you're faced with a myriad of food choices that would tempt even the strictest Weight Watcher, just do your best to make the better choice and be satisfied knowing that better choices make for better results.

5 comments:

Jake Silver said...

I will admit right up front that the holidays make me so nervous. There is so much junk food being shoved at us all week long it is insane. Especially now that I am so close to my weight goal... good luck to us all!!!

Kathy said...

Make the better choice...more words of wisdom!!!

Veronika said...

I'm not so much afraid of the holidays, I recently entered the meatless corner of the world and am not missing the cholesterol and extra fat calories meat has. I’m not on Weight Watchers, just on a diet watching what I eat. Surely I admire you because of your success and the way you’re committed to your health. Can you tell me a little about the CORE program please?

Skinny Guy said...

Veronika, The philosophy behind Core is basically eating healthier whole foods to satisfaction, rather than having to assign a point value to everything you eat and not going above your points "target" for the day.

The list of Core foods includes lean meats, whole grains, fruits and vegetables along with fat free dairy and a limited number of other foods. Anything not on the list you have to spend "points" on, which is deducted from a weekly points allowance.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Let me know if you have any more questions.

TB--Milwaukee said...

I seem to do much better during the holiday weeks. Even before WW, I hated the feeling of being "stuffed" like the Thanksgiving turkey. I'm sure I'll be fine with so many good choices available.