Saturday, December 8, 2007

At Least I Didn't Eat It

The stress, that is. In spite of my best laid plans, I had a bit of a blow up on the way home from a night out with the family last night. It could have been averted if I had tried a little harder, but buttons were pushed and I couldn't resist pushing back.

Things are much happier today, thankfully. I had to run out to the market to restock some of my essentials. I even found something new to try. Couscous is something I've been hearing a lot about lately, so when I saw some whole wheat couscous in the store I decided to give it a whirl. Once I figure out the how and what, I'll give a report on the results here.

Something else I've been picking up on a semi-regular basis is German Dark Wheat Bread. Pepperidge Farms and Arnold's both make it, but so far I've only had the version from Pepperidge Farms. If you like a hearty, dark bread, it's very good. Much better than the low calorie bread I ate while I was losing. But since I eat nowhere near as much bread as I used to, I decided that when I have it, I'm going to make it a good one!

I will be trying the Arnold's variety very soon, though, as it was on sale today. It's a few more calories a slice than the Pepperidge Farms, but not enough to keep me from buying it. As with the couscous, I'll report on my impressions after trying it.

Time to start getting ready for another night out tonight. There's nothing like the holiday season to keep you on the move, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Dinah Soar said...

I love good bread...think I've seen the bread you mention at Krogers...my favorite bread is dense and very chewy...the kind it takes muscle to slice into...when we are in Pittsburgh at the Strip shopping district I love getting bread at the Italian markets there...at home, I love Panera's sour dough bread...so good toasted with a little butter...I'd rather have one slice of it than 4 slices of diet bread.

Kathy said...

I enjoy couscous as the basis for a pasta salad with vinegar and oil dressing...grape tomatoes, red onion, a little minced garlic!