Monday, December 3, 2007

An Award? For Me?

Apparently so! Veronika from MY STRUGGLE WITH LOSING WEIGHT has honored me with the "A Roar For Powerful Words" blog award. It's been almost a full day since I learned about my award, and Veronika's done something that few folks have been able to do, namely, leave me at a loss for words!

Here's why Veronika thought I deserved the award:

Skinny Guy – because I’ve never came a cross a person with such a desire and determination to change. He truly is an inspiration for many of his readers.

For those kind words I can only say thank you, Veronika. I started this blog as a motivational tool for myself, to keep me focused enough not to undo all the hard work that it took to lose my weight. The notion that other people come here not only to read my words, but also find themselves inspired and motivated by them, is a very humbling thing.

There are a couple of strings attached to this award, however. First, I'm supposed to turn around and pass it on to five other bloggers whose writing I perceive to be good and powerful. Also, I need to list three things I believe are necessary to make writing good and powerful.

I will do these things before the end of this week. In the meantime, I'd like to thank Veronika one more time and encourage you to visit her blog for her own brand of good and powerful writing.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

And congratulations to you...you are a worthy winner...an inspiration to all of us who are still slogging our way toward goal.

Dinah Soar said...

Congratulations Skinny Guy...you do have a great blog...and your award is well deserved.

Veronika said...

You desrve it!
Veronika

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, one and all!