Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weigh In: Week 85

Last Week: 159.6 lbs.
This Week: 160.8 lbs.
Change: Up 1.2 lbs.

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 131.2 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 23.8 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007
Reached Lifetime: 26 June 2007

I had a challenging week this week, but in the grand scheme of things I'm doing fine. I just need to make sure that I don't let the busy times, the stressful times, give me an excuse to backslide. Right now I have the tools to keep this weight off. The only thing I have to do now is practice everything I've learned and to keep my head in the game. So even though I'm up this week, I know why I'm up and I know that it's not the beginning of an upward trend. Especially since no one will be baking any more Christmas cookies in two weeks...

The challenges aren't over, though, and I'll have to be vigilant. The rest of this week will be just as busy as last week with plenty of chances to derail myself. As long as think before I eat, I shouldn't have any problems. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, to say the least. Whatever happens, it should make for some interesting reading.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't see any major derailments in your future, my friend!

Dinah Soar said...

On the days when you don't have special situations perhaps you could eat the weightloss points and save the extra maintenance points to use on the "trying" days. Also, I'm less inclined to overeat things I love if I control my insulin levels by eating more protein and fat and not as many carbs...seems like I can handle the problem foods better. Have you tried those strategies?

At any rate, you've done such a wonderful job getting to goal, and you have the skills and ability...and you are being vigilant. The battle's almost won at that point...then it's just a matter of not putting the food into the mouth...hahaha...sorry I couldn't resist...get that hammer and smash those cookies! (Cookies are a huge weakness of mine...I can't eat 2...it must be at least 6...I don't have any cookies in the house for that reason. If we are out and there are lots of cookies, I only enjoy the homemade ones, but I'm so picky about cleanliness if I don't know who made them and if I don't know if the maker is extra clean, I can't eat them.)