Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Clean Slate In 2008

Last year was a big year for me. Not only did I reach my goal weight, I started this blog to help me in my efforts to keep it off. Now that my discipline and self-control have done their job for me with that project, they're pestering me for something else to do. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much choice but to let them loose on the rest of me.

Now I'm sure those of you that have stopped in here once or twice before may think that I have my act together after losing all this weight and keeping it off for over 6 months. Au contraire, mon ami!

I seem to have acquired many bad habits over the last 48 years, most of them attributable to my two closest friends, laziness and procrastination. They've caused me many problems over the course of my life, and it's about time I did something about it.

In fact, I've already started, beating the new year by a week! Another of my good friends over the years has been my snooze alarm. I'd visit him two, three or four times every morning, even going so far as to set my alarm earlier so that I could sleep later. In my defense I can only say that logic isn't my strong suit that early in the morning.

No more! Every day since the 26th I've set my alarm even though I've been off from work, and most days have been out of bed at the first alarm and never later than the second. Once I'm back to work I intend to kick it into high gear and get up every day on the first alarm, even on the weekends.

I have lots of other goals and habits I want to work on this year, and I'll still be looking to maintain my weight, so it looks to be a busy year for yours truly. And as always, you are all invited along for the ride.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

The alarm going off on cold, dark winter mornings is EVIL!
The best thing we did was get DVR with our cable service...we watch our favorite shows early in the evening and go to bed earlier. It really helps! And you were so wise to keep the routine going on your days off. That really helps too.
Good luck with your new goals.

Stephen Cooper said...

Way to go skinny guy!

Dinah Soar said...

I found this on Pasta Queens recent post...sort of goes along with your post....check it out:

http://wondermark.com/d/362.html

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, everyone!

That's a great comic, Dinah. One more internet timesuck, just what I need... lol