Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ramblings Of A Skinny Guy

I think my writing muse may have taken the weekend off to visit warmer climates because I've been a loss trying to come up with a halfway decent post for today. Sometimes the ideas and the words just seem to flow, other times I wind up agonizing over every word before I can write something that might seem to make sense after you read it upside down while holding it to a mirror.

In fact, it's probably no different than the weight loss game. Some weeks you feel like you're kicking butt and the pounds seem to just melt off said butt even though you had that mini-binge the other night. Then there are the times when you've been following your plan to a T, eating like you're supposed to, working out like a maniac and when you step on the scale, it laughs at you with a measly .2 pound loss, or heaven forbid, a gain!

No matter what you may think at the time, the only solution is a simple one. Just keep plugging away. If you know that the things you are doing will bring you success, more often than not you will achieve that success eventually. Trust that what you're doing is the right thing.

I don't know if I've made sense here, but the football game is on in the other room and besides, you look awfully silly hanging upside down trying to read this in the mirror! Enjoy the rest of your weekend no matter how you decide to spend it.

The Count: Snooze = +16, Push-Ups = +20

7 comments:

Kathy said...

It's been so long since I was upside down doing anything that I just can't remember it at all...but you are so right about trusting the process and just keep "keepin on".

Mike J said...

Wow, just stumbled on your blog. Keep it up!

Mike J.

Healthy Tips said...

Hey! Just stumbled upon your blog too. Saw the before and after pics! Amazing!
Your a great inspiration!

thomas (twofatbrothers.com) said...

I just had a weigh-in where I didn't lose any weight and was a little upset because my brother took the lead in our little competition. Now that he's ahead, I'm super-motivated to hit the exercising hard to retake the lead.

Kathy said...

This is for you, Skinny:
A tough, old cowboy once counseled his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a pinch of gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning.

The grandson did this religiously and lived to the age of 110.

He left four children, 20 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren, 10
great great grandchildren and a 50 foot hole where the crematorium used to be.

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks to everyone for stopping by!

Nice one, Kathy, especially since I had an oatmeal "incident" over the weekend. My eyes weren't quite open when I pulled what I thought was my cinnamon out of the cupboard and proceeded to sprinkle cumin all over my fresh bowl of oats! Cumin's about as close to cinnamon as gunpowder is as far as I'm concerned...

Kathy said...

That is so funny, cause my pumpkin pie spice and my cumin are in almost identical containers and I did exactly the same thing recently!