Saturday, January 5, 2008

Taking Back Control

Some 20 months ago, I started the fight to take back control of my weight. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I've been fairly successful with that project so far.

With the new year, I set some small goals to help me get started taking control of a few other areas of my life. In fact, I'm keeping track of two of them at the bottom of my posts for the rest of the year.

Over the years I've let lots of things get out of control in my life. Some small, some large. Some trivial, some with consequences. Some I talk about here, some will always be private. It isn't even that I lost control of those things. I gave away that control.

If there's one thing that I've learned over the last 20 months, it's that it's not impossible to regain control. It takes hard work and perseverance, but it can be done. And once you regain control of one thing, you can use everything that you've learned in that battle and apply it to the next thing, and the next, until you slowly but surely have a whole string of successes behind you.

It may never be easy, but it does get a little easier with each success. And with each success, the reward becomes even greater.

The Count: Snooze = +3, Push-Ups = +5

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Success does breed success!

iamhoff said...

I found you from a comment you left on Getting Real's blog. Congrats on making your goals, and good luck on maintaining your goals. You are an inspiration, proof that it can be done!