Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weigh In: Week 89

Three Weeks Ago: 159.6 lbs.
This Week: 160.4 lbs.
Change: Up 0.8 lbs.

Starting Weight: 292.0 lbs.
Total Weight Lost: 131.6 lbs.
Starting BMI: 43.2 (Morbidly Obese)
Current BMI: 23.7 (Normal)

Started WW: 25 April 2006
Reached Goal: 15 May 2007
Started Core: 13 June 2007
Reached Lifetime: 26 June 2007

I missed my last two meetings since they fell right on the holidays, so tonight was my first weigh in since December 18th. I didn't worry about going to another meeting or even jumping on the scale at home for an "unofficial" weigh in as I've done in the past. Much to my delight, I had a gain of "only" 0.8 pounds, which falls right in my normal maintenance range.

I have to be honest, I feel strange being happy with a gain, especially after losing about 11 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years last year. But as it turns out, maintaining your weight after over a year of losing is such a different mindset that it takes a while to get used to. I've found that it's natural for my weight to fluctuate from week to week, and as long as each loss or gain is within an acceptable range, I'm quite happy.

The Count: Snooze = +6, Push-Ups = +8

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like you're meeting those new goals!
And if you showed up, I'd fix a plate for you! lol

TB--Milwaukee said...

The weight fluctuates even in the losing state, so why should maintenance be any different.

I'm watching the count and very impressed. 21 days makes a habit doesn't it?

Dinah Soar said...

Sounds like you've got a handle on maintenance..way to go.

David Dane said...

It's a pain in the bleep trying to keep that weight level. I jump up and down as much as 5-6-pounds in a day. There is always the temptation to go on eating believing that it won't hurt. Gotta hand it to ya, holding the line is tough. Keep it up.

Thomas (twofatbrothers.com) said...

I found this blog from a link off of fatmanunleashed. You've lost an incredible amount of weight! I'm subscribing.