Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hiding In Plain Sight

I've been talking about this "Big Deadline" that's been hanging over my head for a while now. Basically, it was a desktop publishing project for one of my son's high school sports teams that had an ultra-short deadline this year because the big race is always held the day before Easter, which comes a lot earlier than usual this year. It was finally sent to the printers earlier this week, and it's as though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Throw in a middle-of the-night trip to the ER about a week and a half ago, and you can imagine the fun I've been having. First, though, I'm happy to say that I'm fine. The root cause of the trip to the ER is still under investigation, but the docs tell me it's nothing that I or anyone else needs to be concerned about.

The other thing I'm happy about is that I was able to maintain the spirit of my weight management efforts, even if I wasn't on plan 100% of the time. I wisely, IMHO, gave myself permission to suspend my exercise after the trip to the hospital, through the publishing deadline and some meetings that have keep me busy through to the end of this week. So today, it was back to exercising.

Anyway, now it's back to business as usual, dealing with the day to day challenges of weight maintenance and staying on top of the blog.

The Count: Snooze = +51, Exercise = +65

2 comments:

AndrewE said...

Glad to hear nothing serious is wrong.

Kathy said...

Hey...glad you're prowling again! The neighborhood seemed so empty without you!

The honeymooners are back home and rest assured, I had a sample of most everything at the reception in your honor!

Take care of yourself!

Hope you like the magazine!