Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Corner I've Painted Myself Into


In an earlier post this week I mentioned that I had painted myself into a corner in regards to exercise. Well, it's time to share.

Anyone who was here at the beginning of the year knows that I made a big deal about starting The Count, an attempt to get in some regular exercise and hold myself accountable. Then I had a trip to the emergency room, which put the Count on hold for a while. But that turned into a long while as I began my flirtation with the slippery slope. So here I am, two months later and needing to get back on track.

What would you do in that situation? Me? I signed up for a 5K. Not a bad way to jump start the old exercise routine, for sure. For those of you who don't know, I am not a runner although I did have an alien encounter once before. But I've walked that distance on many occasions and the 5K I signed up for is for a good cause.

Oh, one more thing - the race is 2 weeks from today. That pretty much assures that I'll be walking most of the way. I may put on a good show and trot across the finish line, but I don't want to do anything to hurt myself.

As far as training over the next two weeks, I plan on following the S25K (Sloth to 5K) program. The S25K routine just involves a lot of walking. If I survive, I may eventually graduate to the C25K, but I will probably need some major alien intervention to help with that...

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Would you please link to the Sloth to 5k site just in case I ever paint myself into a corner??? I've been on the Big Butt Chair to Master Gardener program this week myself.
Good for you and good luck!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Good luck on the 5K. I'm getting sloppy on the exercise front as well. Still getting it in regularly, but not everyday as I was in the losing mode.

Veronika said...

I love your determination... I'm back because ... my new site is "mystruggleoflosingweight.blogspot.com" I changed the “with” to “of” since I deleted the other blog a while ago. I guess I'm here to ask for support in as my struggel continues...

Kathy said...

No stalking here...lol. I found the link through a political site I read every day. Small world or just great word of mouth about a well done blog, huh?

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, everyone, and good to see you back, Veronika! I'll be sure to visit your new site shortly.

BTW, the report on my escape from the painted corner is up.

Kathy, the problem with all the great blogs out there is that there are far too many to keep up with, even with an RSS reader!