Sunday, May 25, 2008

Maintenance, Blogging & Me

As anyone who follows this blog knows, my posting frequency has ground almost to a halt these last few months. Between work and home, I seem to be a lot busier than I've been in a while, leaving me less time for blogging and other forms of geekery that I tend to enjoy.

The good news is that I haven't abandoned my pursuit of maintaining my weight loss. It's taken a small hit lately, but I can still say that I am below my goal weight. To me, that's a major milestone because it's been a just over a year since I first reached that goal.

I'm still struggling with some of my other goals, especially my fitness goals. But as it was with the weight loss, I will need to get my head in the right place before I will see any significant progress.

Right now I'm in the beginning stages of a walking challenge at work. They gave us pedometers and a six week time frame to log as many steps as we could. Unfortunately the challenge was not organized very well, so I'm using it as more of a personal motivator to get moving rather than as the competition against my coworkers that it was supposed to be.

Another reason I haven't been around as much is that I've been spending time catching up with a lot of my old high school buddies. 2008 marks 30 years since our graduation, and I've been helping plan the upcoming reunion. It should be a blast when we all finally get together later this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

The last thing I intend to do is abandon this blog, so I really do appreciate everyone who still checks in. I've been doing my best to keep up with your own blogs, although I've been commenting with about as much frequency as I've been posting here. No promises, but I do hope to get back to writing more soon.

Finally, I hope that everyone celebrating the long Memorial Day weekend has a safe and happy holiday!

4 comments:

goodbyetoallfat said...

"The last thing I intend to do is abandon this blog"

That makes sense -- it makes sense that someone who has successfully completed the weight loss journey feels the need to still post and be accountable from time to time.

I am a brand new weight loss blogger, have just started my journey this week and just came across your blog.

Your Before and After pics are awesome, by the way !!!

Best wishes,
Sharon

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to hear you are still doing well.

Kathy said...

Always happy to hear that you're doing well no matter how infrequent that may be. Love your blogging efforts, but I think your other pursuits sound like good times and we should never pass those up!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Good to see you're still hanging around. Maintenance accountability is always a good thing.