Wednesday, June 18, 2008

B2BBC: Day 1 Update

With less than hour to go until my scheduled bedtime, I thought I'd drop in and let everyone know how my first day of the Boot Camp went.

On the plus side, I managed to get some push-ups done today. As much as I tried, I couldn't resist jumping on the One Hundred Push Ups bandwagon that's been taking the blogging community by storm. Today counted as my first day of the first week, which had me knocking out reps of 10, 10, 8, 6, and 16 push-ups with a minute rest in between.

I also managed to minimize my processed food intake today, at least until dinner time when I had to nuke some frozen salmon squares for dinner. We didn't have a chance to do any food shopping since we got back into town late last night, but that shouldn't be an issue for the rest of the week. On the other hand, I compensated with lots of fruit, salad and vegetables throughout the day, so I still had a positive ratio for the day.

The only thing I didn't work on today was my 5K training, but that's more because I decided to alternate between that and my push-up routine. It makes a lot more sense to do it that way than to try to do everything at once.

So that was Day 1, I hope you enjoyed it! Now I'm off to go finish packing up my meals for tomorrow, then up to bed.

No comments: