Friday, June 20, 2008

B2BBC: Day 3 Update

It's towards the end of Boot Camp Day 3, and I'm doing fairly well with concentrating on the basics. My food choices have been a lot better than they've been for a few months in spite of the slice of pizza I had with dinner tonight. I ran out of oatmeal before we went away last weekend, so I've been trying to switch up my breakfasts a little bit. After 2 years of oatmeal being the center of my morning meal, it's been refreshing to try some new things.

I continued with Week One, Day 2 of the Hundred Push Up Challenge today. My target was to complete sets of 12, 12, 10, 10 and a minimum of 10 to failure. Today was harder than Day 1, but I made it through and maxed out with 11 push-ups in the last set. Not too bad, eh?

I also got a little bit of cardio in yesterday, about 30 minutes worth. Nothing intense, I just wanted to get back in the habit of moving a little more. I will have to ramp it up a bit with the 5K only 2 weeks away. I imagine it might also be a good time to actually sign up for the race while I'm thinking about it...

Now to prepare for the weekend! I'll have a few tough stretches to navigate through, but I'm committed to keeping the spirit of the Boot Camp with me all weekend. Good or bad, I'll make sure to report back here when it's all over. Now it's off to bed for a good night's rest.

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Well done on the pushups!

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks, Andrew. It's going to get a lot tougher, I can tell already!