Sunday, June 22, 2008

B2BBC: Day 5 Update

I've been keeping busy for a few days and while I haven't been perfect with my implementation of the goals I set for myself when I started the Boot Camp, I'm not too far off the mark.

As I mentioned in today's post, we were at a catered dinner last night. I think I did well enough, with the only splurges being a roll, 2 glasses of red wine (it's healthy, dontcha know?) and dessert. I also stayed up way past my bed time, but unlike most days I was able to get a full eight hours of sleep, so I'm not going to worry about that.

Today I completed Week 1 of the Hundred Push Up Challenge, doing sets of 15, 13, 10, 10 and 16 reps. Let me tell you, the last 3 reps of that last set were tough! I'm going to rest two days and start Week 2 on Wednesday.

I didn't get any formal race training in since Friday, but I did get a few hours of yard work in today. I know it's not the same, but it makes me feel better to say it. I also printed out the registration form for the July 4th 5K and will be dropping that off either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I also finished reading The Omnivore's Dilemma over the weekend (my own copy, not the one I'm giving away...) and it was quite an eye opener. I'll probably have a few words to say about it after the Boot Camp is over.

That's it for this update, and I hope everyone enjoyed the first full weekend of Summer/Winter (depending on your hemisphere).

No comments: