Friday, June 27, 2008

B2BBC: Day 9

Staying The Course

Since we've passed the half-way point of the Boot Camp, I wanted to talk about something that we all have trouble with from time to time: motivation. It's tough doing the day to day when you're trying to create new habits that you want to last a lifetime.

I've written about this before. In my post "The $64,000 Question" I say it's just a matter of asking yourself "How much do you want it?" In another post from last year, I say that a positive attitude will help you get through the rough spots.

But I think I summed it up the best in my post "Ramblings Of A Skinny Guy" when I said:

Some weeks you feel like you're kicking butt and the pounds seem to just melt off said butt even though you had that mini-binge the other night. Then there are the times when you've been following your plan to a T, eating like you're supposed to, working out like a maniac and when you step on the scale, it laughs at you with a measly .2 pound loss, or heaven forbid, a gain!

No matter what you may think at the time, the only solution is a simple one. Just keep plugging away. If you know that the things you are doing will bring you success, more often than not you will achieve that success eventually. Trust that what you're doing is the right thing.

Just remember, never give up, never give up, never give up...that ship!

Adblock