Thursday, June 12, 2008

No, Really, This Time I Mean It

Since March I've been been living fast and loose with my weight maintenance efforts. I haven't abandoned my quest to keep it off, it's just that I've just noticed that I've been letting a lot of my former habits creep back into my daily grind. As a result my pants have been getting tighter and that more than anything else is my call to action.

"But Skinny Guy," you may say, "Didn't you draw a line in the sand back in April? And what about that iceberg you talked about avoiding?"

Yup, you're absolutely right. I talked a good game in April, and at the time I thought I was on the right track. But I think I was missing one of the three elements I talked about the other day, namely Heart.

Am I ready now? We're all about to find out, because to help me get my Mind, Body and Heart back on track I plan on starting the Back To Basics Boot Camp. During the Boot Camp, I'm going to focus on the things that got me where I am, and I'm inviting you to help me by keeping me accountable and following along yourself if you wish.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend on a "working vacation" and won't be back until Tuesday night, so the Boot Camp will commence first thing Wednesday morning. Between now and then I'll work out the specifics and post them when they're ready.

Until then, don't forget to enter the GKIO! Birthday Contest!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Can't wait! Maybe I should catch the bus to Boot Camp myself. I could certainly do KP duty...not so sure about those forced marches and push-ups though!

Skinny Guy said...

No forced marches involved, but I can't rule out the push-ups...

Andrew is getting fit said...

Bring on the marches!