Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome To My Contest

As I already mentioned, Gotta Keep It Off! turns one year old this month. To celebrate, I'm going to be holding a little contest. It begins today and it will run until the end of the month.

All you need to do is leave a comment on this post and tell me about your favorite post on Gotta Keep It Off! If you need to jog your memory, you can peruse the archives using the sidebar widget to the right. That's all there is to it!

One lucky commenter, chosen at random, will win two very nice prizes. The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals and In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto are two books written by Michael Pollan that examine the food we eat, the industry that surrounds it and the questions we should be asking. If your comment is selected, you will receive both books!

Now, here are the contest details:

  • The contest begins on June 8, 2008 and closes at 11:59 Eastern Daylight Time on June 30, 2008.
  • If you can read this post, you are eligible to enter.
  • To qualify, your comment must specify your favorite post published on Gotta Keep It Off! One comment per person, please.
  • The winner will be chosen at random from all the qualifying comments and will be announced as soon as possible after they are selected.
  • The prizes are the two books by Michael Pollan mentioned above and will be won by the selected commenter.
All decisions by me, Skinny Guy, in regards to this contest are final. Really, it's one of the few times I get to have the last word, so I'm taking advantage of it.

So start combing through the archives and tell me about your favorite posts!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

LOVE the new picture! and the new look for the blog. I am definitely going to enter your contest...almost as good as Publisher's Clearing House! But I'll have to peruse the archive to pick out my favorite. I'm kinda leaning toward the fish head song, I think!
btw...I hope you fare better than poor old Ed McMahon!

Andrew is getting fit said...

For me it's easy. It's the combination of the before and after pictures. I found them really inspiring when I first found your blog and still do!

Kathy said...

I'm back to officially enter your contest and I'm definitely saying my favorite was the January 27th blog, There's Something Fishy Going On Here..., because it combined the things I appreciate most about your blog. First, there was the recipe, which I always love! Second, the good weight-loss advice from someone who I believe in. And, last but not least, my favorite Skinny Guy touch...the humor! That droll, understated but wacky at the same time wit that I have grown to love! Even when I am practically "Rick-Rolled" by trusting you and clicking on a little tune that it took me weeks to get out of my head!!!
Congratulations on one year of blogging...and my heartfelt thanks for all you've given us during that time!
(Have I been nice enough for you to just send me the books now????)

PastaQueen said...

Well, call me vain but my favorite post is the post with my video in it :) I've been meaning to read those books, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get lucky and win. Thanks for entering my contest too!

john - from fat to fit said...

Well I know it is kind of silly but frankly I liked seeing Mr. Creosote again. :-)

But like Andrew, hard to argue with the before and afters...

TB--Milwaukee said...

I'll put a vote in for your "First Post"
Without it we wouldn't be having the pleasure of being inspired by you.

IAAdmin said...

My favorite post is "How To Clobber Cravings When You're Not Hungry."

All of the suggestions are excellent........:)

skinnybitch said...

Hey there, Skinny!
I hope I'm not too late for the contest.

My favorite was your Valentine's Day post, "Food, Glorious Food!" I liked the way you personified food as a lover and used that to explain your formerly dysfunctional and now more mature relationship with food. It's an analogy I think almost anyone could relate to.

I think it's extremely helpful to think of food in this way. Your post continues to remind me that my own relationship with food is a marriage in which divorce simply isn't an option. And like my marriage, it's a relationship that requires genuine effort and constant care if I hope to keep it healthy.