Saturday, August 9, 2008

Getting My Butt Kicked

After failing Week Three, Day One of the Hundred Push Up challenge back on August 4th, I was successful in completing Day One on my next attempt two days later. I even managed to get 27 reps in on the last set, two more that the required 25.

I was scheduled to attempt Day Two yesterday but stuff got in the way, so I got down to business earlier this morning. The required sets of 27, 19, 19, 15 and 25+ reps were the toughest I've faced yet. By the middle of the second set of 19 I was really starting to feel it in my arms and it took all of my concentration to push my way through the last set, but I did it, even taking one more push up to the end of the last set.

It still took a while to recover from the effort, though. I imagine that is why it's called a workout. The upside is that I'm really beginning to feel and see results in my shoulders and upper arms. Who knew I had muscles there?

I've also been doing fairly well on the clean eating front, although last night I succumbed to the siren song of pizza. Unfortunately it wasn't even good pizza from the local shop. Because the local place is closed for vacation this week, the more indiscriminate diners in the house voted for pizza from the Hut. I ate it anyway. Eh.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I've eaten Jersey tomato pies and the Hut just doesn't compare!
Good luck with the workouts...don't go Carrot Top on us!!!

Skinny Guy said...

Carrot Top!? Man, that is one creepy dude, even before he muscled up!