Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paying The Piper

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting tonight and it was time to pay the piper. More specifically, I had to pay to attend the meeting tonight because my weight was more than two pounds over my established goal weight. It was the first time I've had to pay to go to a meeting since reaching lifetime status in June of 2006.

It wasn't unexpected and it didn't fluster me. I knew what my bathroom scale was telling me every morning and now I know what the "official" number is. Now it's just a matter of doing what I have to do in order to get back to where I was.

I haven't mentioned the numbers yet because I wanted to emphasize that while the numbers on the scale are a major portion of how I measure my progress, it is more about getting back into the healthy habits that I've drifting away from. Once I find my way back to those habits the numbers should take care of themselves.

In the interest of full disclosure, however, I will now tell you that I've gained 8.6 pounds since my last weigh in on August 12, a full 5.8 pounds over my goal weight. Taking into account the Weight Watchers allowance of two pounds over goal for lifetime members, that means I will need to lose 3.8 pounds before I can attend meetings for free again.

My own personal goals? I want to get back into those healthy habits, to complete the Hundred Push Up Challenge this time and to get back to blogging on a regular basis.

It looks like I have my work cut out for me!

7 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

I'll be rooting for you to do it, but rooting for the Brewers to bring your Phillies down!

Kathy said...

The neighborhood has not been the same since you've been on hiatus! We need you more than you need us! Can't wait to open my reader and see a "Gotta" post!

john - from fat to fit said...

So how does the payment aspect work? If you are losing weight you don't pay but if you gain weight then you have to pay??

Andrew is getting fit said...

Just goes to show how we have to be eternally vigilant! Welcome back.

Skinny Guy said...

TB - One down, two to go...

Kathy - Thanks for the warm welcome back! I'll do my best to keep your reader filled.

John - Once you hit lifetime status with WW, you are only required to weigh in once per calendar month and you can attend meetings for free. If you weigh in at more than two pounds over your goal weight, you must pay the meeting fee for the meetings you attend under you're back under the two pound allowance.

Andrew - Thanks! It's good to be back.

skinnybitch said...

Hey there, Skinny Guy.

I'm really glad to see you're back. It sounds like you have the right attitude for turning things around, and we all know you have the skills and determination to do it. Just keep on keeping on, and don't forget to post. Remember, you have a lot of fans out here in the blogosphere cheering you on.

Be well,
Robin

Skinny Guy said...

Hi Robin, thanks for stopping by!

I guess the whole blog thing doesn't work if I don't post, does it? lol Thanks for the reminder. :-)