Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Song And Dance

When I started to write this post I was going to talk about what's been going on in my life that contributed to the recent unpleasantness between my bathroom scale and myself. But then I realized that it doesn't really matter. Everyone has things going on in their lives that make maintaining a healthy lifestyle difficult. In spite of that, there are countless men and women out there who have made made it a top priority to take care of their bodies. I had just stopped making it a priority in my life.

That's why you won't find any song and dance here today. No excuses or rationalizations. Just someone trying to reset his priorities so he can get back to where he was.

I declared yesterday a No Junk Zone, meaning that no junk food would pass my lips for the entire day. I made it my top priority for the day. It worked out very well even though my planning left much to be desired. In celebration of that success, I've decided to make it my top priority again today.

While it may only be one small part of living a healthy lifestyle, it is a move in the right direction. And that's all I need right now.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Add the word "wise" to what I said yesterday. I remember all your posts about doing what was necessary to see that you were eating a healthy meal down to preparing it yourself. I know from my own experience that if I make healthy eating a priority then I will MAKE it happen no matter what else is going on in my life.

john - from fat to fit said...

Good to see you posting again - baby steps sound like a good start, keep it up.

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks to both of you. I'm still working at getting myself back in the game, but at least I've stopped going backwards.