Monday, June 1, 2009

Whatever Happened To Skinny Guy?

Nothing happened to me that hasn't happened to anyone else. I fell off the wagon and lay there watching as it ran over me, backed up, and ran over me again and again. The good news is that I'm here and ready to make another attempt at getting back on board. Thanks to everyone who left a comment or emailed wondering where I was.

Are you ready to hear about my Big Master Plan for getting back on track? So am I! But it occurred to me that the bigger the plan, the easier it is to fail. That's why my Big Master Plan can be summed up in two words.

Baby steps.

That's all I'm committing myself to right now. Something small that can done without extreme amounts of effort in a 24 hour period. Something that I know I can do. And if I manage to do it today, I will try to do it again tomorrow. But I'm just concern with today for now. And today's baby step is one that I know I can do.

Today is a No Junk Zone. I will eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. Any snacks I have will not have a list of ingredients on them. I will do my best to keep any and all cakes, crackers, chips, pretzels, candies, and other "goodies" away from my mouth.

If I can do this for today, I will be happy.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

One day at a time! But remember...you are so much more than your weight! You are smart, funny, and capable and always have something interesting to say. Welcome back.

Skinny Guy said...

Thanks for the kind words, Kathy. It's good to be back. :)